08 July 2007

I have decided to write now because I am pretty sure I will not have enough time tomorrow, as there will probably be too many other things going on to distract me.
The choir sang the 10:30am Eucharist at St Mary's Cathedral this morning. Despite losing my way on Rose Street, I was able to make it to the service on time. Lasting only an hour and fifteen minutes, the liturgy was a relatively quick one (although there were numerous differences in prayers, and the hymnal was without musical notation). One familiar aspect of the service was the mass setting by Kenneth Leighton (I cannot recall the precise name of the piece). We were also pleasantly surprised by the arrival of Ms Boyle, a former intern at the Choir School. Later this afternoon, after the intended rest period during which I am writing, the choir will proceed to St Giles Cathedral in order to rehearse for this evening's concert (which is said to only be an hour in duration). Afterwards we will all enjoy a nice dinner somewhere in central Edinburgh (exactly where, no one knows for sure...).
Tuesday should be a fun day as well (despite the tediously long bus ride), for I am told that en route to Durham we will make a stop at the holy site of Lindisfarne. Until that time (probably later, as the next point of internet access will be in Durham), thank you and namaste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Nathan -

I must say that I am quite jealous of you all enjoying the UK - and yes, working hard I am sure! Please keep up the blog. It really is a pleasure and a great link for all of us back here in the States!

Best of luck to you all!

Chad Newsome, '81
St. Thomas Choir School Alumni Association