22 July 2007

I'm writing now after the Eucharist which took place at St George's Chapel a couple hours ago. Tomorrow we will be flying home. In a few minutes I'll upload some photos from our last few days here. First, I'll give an overview of what the choir has been singing so far:
Some concert music:
Missa Solenelle, Langlais [@ St Alban's]
Missa Brevis, Martin [Today @ St George's]
I Was Glad, Parry [Tonight]
Collegum Regale, Howells [Tonight]
Light of the World, Harris [@ St Alban's]
Grieve not the Holy Spirit, Noble [@ York]
and more! (lots of recycling from the program I printed in Durham)
Although I have loved the UK very much, I'm pretty anxious to get home. I've got some more traveling to do, anyway--I'll be flying down to Texas 5 days after I get back. I have to catch up on episodes of 'The Closer' that I have missed, and start digging into my English chocolate collection (my dentist needs to stock up on more novicaine). Within the next hour, there should be many new photos up!
Special thanks to the student who provided the photos, whose name I cannot mention. This page should be up for a long time to come, so all those who wish to look back on the tour may do so. Special thanks as well to all readers who followed the blog, and to those who left comments. Your responses added interactivity to the blog. It has been a pleasure writing this blog! Thank you all, and namaste!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your time & effort during the choir's tour which is tiring enough. I have been an admirer of the music @ St. Thomas for many years & am very happy the tradition of excellence continues under the guidance of Mr. Scott.

While you were in York I hope you were able to vist The Shambles, a shopping streetw/the most wonderful Bakery "Yates" cream cakes to die for!!!

Anonymous said...

To the St Thomas NYC blogger --

Many thanks indeed for your efforts in keeping the world abreast of the choir's UK tour. I did not get to hear them, alas! I would have expected to give an arm, a leg, and several bicuspids to hear such music - but you toured the north and east of UK, and I am in the south-west and couldn't make it. It was agony to be so close and yet so far. Do come again and fill in the blanks! I cannot survive for ever on webcasts!

All the reports of the choir's music in the choral groups to which I belong were ecstatic - no surprise there. A friend heard you in Westminster Abbey and was hugely impressed - no surprise there either. I hope you felt you were welcome and well supported during your tour of UK, despite the unseasonal weather. St T's is a very special Anglican choir.

Thanks again for the blog. Post an address and I will gladly restock your supply of Crunchie bars or whatever.

With all best wishes from UK - Ed

Anonymous said...

I'm Tom.我是台灣雅芬阿姨的兒子黃筠丰
I like England, too.
Let's keep in touch.